Thursday, December 15, 2016

Back to School!!

In a blink of an eye, half of the school holiday is over and it's just another two more weeks to back to school!! For us, Big Brother is gonna be in Primary Two, and Little Brother is going to school (N2) for the first time too! 

I have already bought their new school bags, school shoes, socks, water bottles, books and stationery! Last weekend, I have also wrapped all of Big Brother's books for the new year, and my favorite part of all is to get all the boys' belongings labelled

This is the most important step regardless of whether the child is in preschool or primary school! And when i said ALL BELONGINGS, I really meant EVERYTHING - down to every single pencils, colouring mediums and every single thing inside the pencil case and school bag! 

I am dead serious about labelling everything very prominently. Even with items labelled, Big Brother's friends have been "borrowing" his items and not returning them immediately. Especially for the commonly used Green Color Pencil, which is used for correction during classes! But the good thing is, it will come back to him after a week or weeks later. : \ 

Based on experience, I am using a combination of labelling mediums because no one medium fits all! I use the below items: 

  1. Permanent marker pens for labeling
    • School Textbooks, workbooks and exercise books
      (I used to use name labels, but since I have to write the class too, I have since changed to using a Blue Permanent Marker to write it Big, Clear and neat) 
    • Boxes or cases of colouring mediums
    • Eraser
    • Subject Files
    • Back of the watch
  2. DIY Self inking Name stamp for labeling
    • Pages inside the textbooks and workbooks (trust me, even with the books nicely wrapped, I ever encountered my boy's cover of the book detached from the book itself!)
  3. Good Quality Name Labels for labeling
    • Water Bottle
    • Snack Box
    • Wallet
    • Pencil Case and Ruler
    • Individual Pencils and Colour Pencils
    • Individual Oil Pastels 
    • Individual Shoe (Very important!!)
    • A File for keeping important letters from teachers to parents
  4. Good Quality Iron on Labels for
    • School Uniform (they have to change for performance)
    • School Bag (I ironed on so that it cannot be easily removed)
    • Socks for Little Brother because they will have to take off socks for some classes

So this year, some time in early November, I started looking around for good quality personalised name labels and was dismayed at the prices!! They were all super expensive! Then in late November, I was invited by Bright Star Kids to try their name labels and they didn't know that actually i was browsing their website earlier. AND I WAS SO EXCITED, because I saw that the items that i had wanted to buy are having sale of 30% to 50% now!!

Of course I took on the opportunity, because for the same amount now, I could get more items then it was before! Sharing the name labels we got for the boys and our review:

Preschool & Daycare Labels Kit



I got a gigantic 170 Labels in this Preschool Labels Value Kit, which is currently retailing at only SGD39.95, a whopping 40% off it's original price of SGD66.95!!

The Preschool & Daycare Labels Kit contains 170 labels including:
  • 10 x Large Stick On Labels 
  • 10 x Pairs of Feet Shoe Labels 
  • 10 x Pairs of Blank Protection Feet Shoe Covers 
  • 30 x Small Stick On Labels 
  • 80 x Tiny Stick On Labels  (same as Tiny Pencils Labels)
  • 30 x Regular Iron On Clothing Tags 

I choose this over the bigger School Label Value Kit for Big Brother, simply because I have leftover labels from last time and I wanted to save some money to get extra name labels for Little Brother instead. :) This Preschool Label Value Kit has everything we need! From large to small stick on labels, it also include the tiny name labels as well as Shoe labels and iron on clothing tags!



Customising the labels are super easy and straightforward! The only drawback is that the system does not allow creation of different names for the different labels within a value pack to share between siblings. You can only input one name which will be used on every different types of labels within a Value Pack, i.e., meant for one child only. Well, you can work around that if both your kids are within the same daycare - simply by using your unique surname or combining their names in one label.


Tiny Pencil Labels



For Little Brother, I have created a value pack for him a year back which include the shoes labels! But we have not got to use them at all since he has never been to school! This time round, when I am creating labels for Big Brother, I took the opportunity to also create tiny name labels for Little Brother!

We have the option of getting this in packs of 40 (at SGD10.95), 80 (at $14.95) or 160 (at $19.95) labels. We personalised this Tiny Pencil Labels for Little Brother in our preferred colour and font. As these are quite small, only one line with a limited amount of text can be printed. These labels are printed on high quality vinyl so they're 100% waterproof and can be used in dishwashers, microwaves and sterilisers without coming off! Theses tiny pencil labels are very versatile! Each label is 4cm (1.6") wide x 0.5cm (0.2") high. They are tiny enough to go on small spaces (i.e, the pencils) but prominent enough to use on other personal belongings too!

Creating the Tiny Pencil Labels is very straightforward too! 

The best part? Creation of the labels are very easy and delivery is very quick too! If you have not created any labels for your children, you can start browsing at www.brightstarkids.sg!

About Bright Star Kids
Website | Facebook

Bright Star Kids was established in 2005. We are most famous for our high quality and affordable Name Labels that have helped thousands of belongings to find their way back home! We also love to create super cute removable Wall Art (perfect for decorating kids rooms) and personalised Clothing (great for a fun and unique gift idea). We also stock a huge range of adorable Kids Bags and fun Bag Tags to tag all your bags with.

Disclaimer: We were invited by Bright Star Kids to try their name labels for review purposes. No other form of compensation is involved and all opinions are my own, unless otherwise stated. No part is to be copied or reproduced without permission.

If you enjoy reading this post, please like me on my Facebook Page as it's where i connect with my readers. I will be very delighted if you can also add me on my newly set up social media accounts - Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...