Friday, October 21, 2016

Review: Recording Memories with Ashley Low's Outdoor Photography

Back when we only have one child, we used to take family photo shoots very often, like 3 to 4 times a year? This is because we realised the little one grew so fast! Even though we took a photo shoot every few months, but the photos from each photo shoot revealed how rapidly the boy was growing, his milestones and how our family was evolving! And I love looking through those photos, every pictures reminds me of a moment or stories of Big Brother's younger days! 

A Photo from our photoshoot at Fort Canning, back when Big Brother was the only child

This tradition of ours stopped when Little Brother arrived though. I am guilty to say that since Little Brother was born, we only have two family photo shoots taken and we really don't have many full family portraits. You know how it is like when you have two active boys. :/

Photos from our Studio Photoshoot when Little Brother was 7 months old

We only managed one studio photo shoot when Little Brother was 7 months old and another outdoor photo shoot when Little Brother was 2 years old. And that's when Hubby threw in the white flag and told me he doesn't want anymore photo shoots. :( I admit too, it's physically and mentally very draining after each photography session, especially for outdoor photography. The outdoor photographers that took pictures for us, were usually young men with little experience with children. When we had one child, it was easy for me to distract the boy and attract him to look at the camera. But when we had two, it took much longer for us to have everyone looking or facing the camera! 

So, this year, when I had the opportunity to work together with Ashley Low Photography, I was ecstatic and at the same time worried if Hubby would agree to another family photo shoot again. I pestered and he reluctantly agreed, :D. And I am glad we took on the opportunity! If you are not aware, Ashley's newborn baby photos are amazing! You can see the beautiful newborns photos at their Facebook!

We made an appointment with Ashley Low Photography one month prior to the photography date. We preferred outdoor photography because my children has more room to move and be themselves and I like nature and natural shots than studio photography. Stacey, the Studio's assistant, was helpful in replying my queries and pointed me to the list of outdoor location recommendations for our considerations as well as the preparation guideline for the photoshoot day.  

We settled for a weekday early evening shoot at 5pm and met Ashley Low herself, as well as her assistant, in front of Popeyes at the Punggol Promenade.  It was the first time we have an evening photo shoot, usually we always go for mornings shoot as I was afraid the boys may be cranky and tired by evening time. I also wondered if the sun will go down rather quickly, if there is enough lights for photo taking? Turned out, it was quite a good time. It wasn't too sunny, but we sweated buckets of sweat! So can you imagine how we would have melted (and how cranky the boys will be) if the photo shoot was earlier? 

Luckily, my boys warmed up quickly to Ashley and her photography assistant. I myself had brought along candies and some bubbles for the boys to blow, but I was surprised when Ashley and her assistant had their own barangs for attracting children to the camera! Ashley had a squeaky toy attached to her camera and her assistant was always standing behind her to help us attract the boys' attention. This is the first time Hubby and I heard "Daddy and Mummy! Just look and smiled at the camera! When the boys turned I will snap the picture! Look here! Look here!" I didn't have to "threaten" the boys too much to look at the camera! Haha! ;p 

Ashley's assistant even brought along a bubble machine that blows bubbles! 

For the first time, Hubby & I can relax at a side and not act like clowns to gain the boy's attention. I can even take pictures of the behind the scene! 

I tell you, my boys are very active. I was impressed Ashley even ran together with the boys to take photos of them!

It was the first time I could sit at the side and idle when the photographer was taking pictures of my boys. I used to be acting like a clown, making funny sounds or resort to commanding the boys to look at the camera etc. A photography session should really feels like this!  

I took the below pictures for Little Brother and was feeling worried about how Ashley's photos will turn out, as you can see from my photos. The sun was setting and there was not much light. 


So when i was able to view my photos, my worries were unfounded and I super love the pictures! What do you think? 

Our family shots where Hubby & I only need to look at the camera and Ashley & her assistant will do the rest

I love actions shots like theses too! It's difficult and unnatural to ask a child to pose stiffly ya know? 

My solo shots with my baby boys (they are forever my babies ma!)

I love Little Brother's pictures taken with Hubby too!

Loving their smiles in this photo!

Just to share, Ashley Low Photography also provide products packages where you can turn your photoshoot into prints, canvas, frames or coffee table photo books to keep! The best part, the photo books are fully personalised and designed by Ashley Low Photography and clients can view for approval before printing! That saved me hours of sitting down in front of the laptop late at night to design and print a photo book by myself! Here's a peek at our photo book! 

Our 11x8.5" landscape photobook designed by ALP

Top: The front and back cover
Bottom: I love how the pictures turn out!

I must give credit to Ashley and her assistant! They were by far, the only photographers whom I met that I can leave it totally to them to engage my children! Usually Hubby and I had to act like clowns just to take smiley pictures of our boys. But with Ashley, I will let the pictures do the talking! I SUPER LOVE the pictures of the boys!! And all theses pictures are through interactions with the photographer and her assistant alone!





{Discount Code}

I am happy to share that Ashley is very generous to provide a $50 off discount for any of their photoshoot sessions for Miracule's readers!  

For those who are keen to make your own memories, please contact them directly via Phone: 6702 4252 / 9640 3774 / 9848 8522 or Email to info@ashleylowphotography.com! Remember to quote "Miracule" to get the S$50 discount! 


Note:
  • Ashley Low Photography Outdoor Family photoshoot session starts from S$250. 
  • Additional charges applies for products.
  • This discount s valid until 30th June 2017 only. 
  • Other Terms & Conditions applies. 


About Ashley Low Photography


Ashley Low Photography was started about 5 years ago by Ashley, our photographer. Ashley Low, the only Photographer in Ashley Low Photography (ALP). She started off as a Family Photographer doing loads of outdoor photoshoots for families with babies/children of all ages. Her photoshoots are full of energy and fun. Her shoot involves different combinations of your family for the photos, from entire family to parent with child(ren), siblings, to solo children shots. For outdoor shoot, it will be a location of your choice or we can recommend. Whichever location you like, trust that you will have a great and fun session with Ashley. We also do photography for maternity, newborn and baby (3-12 months old).

Disclaimer: Our family was invited by Ashley Low Photography to try Outdoor Family Session. We were given some edited digital copies and a 11x8.5" coffee table photo book for review purposes. No other form of compensation is involved and all opinions and images are my own, unless otherwise stated. No part is to be copied or reproduced without permission.

If you enjoy reading this post, please like me on my Facebook Page as it's where i connect with my readers. I will be very delighted if you can also add me on my newly set up social media accounts - InstagramTwitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...