WARNING: This will be the first and probably last time you will see side of me with hilarious poses. (or maybe not) I am actually quite a funny person, but I have also quite successful maintained a good mama image for my children. :P
And, yes! I bring my children many places and I have brought them to the Alive Museum Singapore last Friday! Have you heard about them?
|Alive Museum Singapore is located on Level 3 of Suntec Tower Three|
No? How can???! Alive Museum Singapore is a quirky new attraction located in Suntec City Mall! It is the biggest 3D illusionary museum here that promises to offer the whole family a sensory experience that is fun and unique! Come let your visual, physical and environmental perceptions be tricked, allowing you to bring fantasy to reality. :D Not only can you touch and feel the exhibits at Alive Museum Singapore, you can also hop into the frame and become part of the art masterpieces that play on optical illusions.
So, last friday, we were waiting for Hubby to meet us at Suntec City in the evening and I also asked my sister & my future brother in law (her boyfriend) to join us since they have purchased their tickets some time back. We had a quick dinner before heading up to level three of Suntec Tower Three to enter Alive Museum at around 730pm and hmm, it was quite a mistake because by then it was quite crowded! Everyone must have did the same routine as me huh? (pssst... i think if you can go earlier during dinner time will be better!)
|my favorite scene|
There were groups of people waiting at every exhibits, so we couldn't take our time to capture more pictures. In fact, some of the exhibits were quite close to each other, so it is inevitable that you have to wait for another group even though you might be taking pictures from a different exhibit, just because the photographer or friends for one exhibit can be seen in the scene of another one. Else you will have to make do with taking the pictures from another point, which is not the recommended photo taking point, and thus you might not get the best angle for that exhibit.
For example, when i was taking pictures at this exhibit, I really have to ask A LOT of people to "please, excuse me" by standing in a straight line on the left wall, so they won't be in the photo! There were actually many people within the same room. Haha! But alas, check out the door behind! I couldn't stop others from entering into this room. I am not the kind of person to hold up everyone by insisting to take a perfect photo so i left at 3 tries, only taking this scene for my sister & my son. But there were other perfectionists that took very long at each exhibited artwork. :S My philosophy is simple, I seriously don't need to collect perfect pictures at every Artwork! I just wanna make sure that we all have fun and are happy at Alive Museum! :)
|You can tell that I wasn't able to stand on the recommended photo taking point as another photographer is in the way, and look at the door right behind!|
And one more thing! Of course my children will wander into other exhibits when others are taking photos! Other children will wander into our photo taking moment too! Be gracious :). It's not the parents fault, every little children are active and curious. If they aren't then it's something to worry about. Everyone came with the intention to enjoy, so just smile and be happy! :D
We spent almost two hours at Alive Museum and we didn't manage to take pictures at every single exhibit! :D Sharing some of the pictures that we took, this is only like one quarter of the total pictures I have. ;p
|all hail! (if only the people kneeling down do not reflect lights, it will be perfect!)|
|finally we get to kiss SpiderMan|
|Haha, aint this hilarious? I badly need a hair wash and am very thirsty!|
|is it Bad Man or Bat Man?|
|even my children knows to pose|
|I love this trick art!|
|this is very romantic!|
|we are in the eyes of ET!|
Here is some Tips I would like to share, if you are visiting Alive Museum Singapore:
- Like all other attractions in Singapore, I would suggest going early when it just open and less crowded, for the best experience. You will get to have more time to take pictures leisurely.
- If you can't go early, well the consolation is that Suntec City carpark is by per entry from 5pm! So if you are driving and would like to save on parking, hehehe.
- Be sure to go to the toilets etc before you enter the museum! The ticket only allows one time entry, there is no toilet located within the museum and there is no re-entry allowed too!
- Bring your children when they are most alert and happy (usually in the mornings), and less sleepy, so that you can enjoy better.
- Do not bring your child's stroller or else you are in risks of being called a monster or maybe other names by single people with no children.
- There are no lockers available there, so leave as much as your belongings in the car or at home so that it will be easier for you to take pictures without lugging too much items or leaving them around risking theft or being stepped on.
- Take pictures with both mobile phone and camera, i noticed that some exhibits are good with camera and some only with a mobile camera (must be both my camera and mobile phone sucks la!)
- Ladies and girls, do not wear skirts or dresses, so that you can lie down or squat safely to pose and there is also a particular exhibit that reflects from right below!
- Maybe going in smaller group will be more enjoyable so that it's easier and quicker for you to move from exhibits to exhibits.
What are some of the things that make Alive Museum Unique
- Opened in 2009, Alive Museum is the original 3D visual illusion museum from South Korea
- It's the world's largest chain of such entertainment concept with 15 branches around the world (8 branches in South Korea, 3 in China, 1 each in Thailand, Vietnam, Turkey and Singapore)
- All the artworks are hand-painted and handcrafted by ALive Museum's own team of talented artists
- Alive Museum also boasts of its own dedicated R&D team, which painstakingly studies different techniques and paints for the best quality masterpieces
- To stay current and exciting, about 30% of the collections are refreshed every year and special exhibits are held during major holiday seasons like Christmas & Chinese New Year.
The Alive Museum Singapore has about 10,000 sq ft of exhibition space and there are over 80 masterpieces of which 9 are locally themed and unique to Singapore. The Alive Museum is also involved in the Singapore 50 project by engaging local communities from various walks of life to create artworks that they define essence of Singapore. Of these, 20 entries will be showcased in Alive Museum Singapore by year end, bringing its total number of artworks to more than 100!
If you like holding parties, you will be glad to know that Alive Museum also has a private function room which you can book to host up to 60 guests for an unforgettable event! It will be so so so cool to hold birthday parties there!
Alive Museum is Singapore’s brand new fun and entertainment destination. Suitable for people of all ages, be it families, couples or tourists, the Alive Museum infuses and modernizes the concept of art into fun and entertainment. Sprawling over 10,000 sqft, more than 80 artwork exhibits are brought ALIVE with 3D painting, shading and drawing techniques that create visual illusions.
Visitors will not only be able to experience magical ideas in reality by touching and watching objects, they will be part of the masterpiece.
In Alive Museum Singapore, visitors may get up close and see 9 locally themed paintings in addition to the other interactive pieces on exhibit.
Free WiFi access inside the museum.
Location: Suntec City Mall #03-372 (Between Towers 3 and 4)
Ticket Prices: $25 (Adults), $20 (Children 3-12 yrs)
Operating Hours: 10am – 10pm Daily (Last Admission at 9pm)
Approximate Duration of Visit: 1.5 hours
PLEASE NOTE: Opening times may vary due to private events. Please check here for notices of early closure before your visit.
To redeem, simply “Like” Alive Museum on Facebook and purchase a full-priced ticket.
Choice of a Fish’N Crisp or Chick’N Crisp burger1 small fries 1 small coke
Hurry, offer ends 30 September 2014!
More details can be found on http://alivemuseum.sg/news-events/promotions/
Side note: If you are not keen in the Burger King Promotion, you can also book your tickets online and use promotion code "aliveopen" at checkout for 20% discount. :)
Disclaimer: We were invited by OMY Singapore to visit Alive Musuem Singapore for review purposes. We were only given two complimentary tickets and no other form of compensation were involved. All images and opinions are my own, unless otherwise indicated.
If you enjoy reading this post, please like me on my Facebook Page as it's where i connect with my readers. I will be very delighted if you can also add me on my newly set up social media accounts - Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.