Friday, July 05, 2013

A Mummy's Love - To Watch Her Lil' Ones Grow

It's been 2+ months since I became a mom of two. I have always hear people say that when you have more than one children, the love multiplies. Occasionally i also hear people say BUT the time gets divided.

Now I been through it myself, I found that i was struggling, especially during the first month of confinement. Before Baby Kyne arrived, I dare say i am a good 101% mum cos i was able to give Kyle the full attention as well as, I could still have my own ME time during his independent activities, to keep my sanity. After Baby Kyne arrived, there are so much more things to do and I become no where near the mum i wanted to be. Juggling both children with not enough sleep, I have to neglect myself sometimes. I tend to lose my patience easily due to tiredness. I found I was running out of time every day.

After being a SAHM only for 8 months, I came to realise it's really not easy to be a full time mum - juggling housework, running errands, paying bills, cooking, washing, bathing, changing & feeding baby Kyne and Kyle, and the lists goes on. I can no longer spend those super long quality times i had with Kyle like we used to have before baby's arrival.

Thank God! By chance, I had the opportunity to try Drypers Wee Wee DRY Diapers again! The last time i used it was when Kyle was a newborn! If anyone can remember, this is how the packaging looks like in 2009!

Back in 2009, when Kyle was born, i really wasn't impressed with the Drypers diapers then. But I know that in 2012, Drypers launched a new and improved Drypers Wee Wee DRY boasting added product features!

The new Drypers Wee Wee DRY Packaging



The new Drypers Wee Wee DRY:
- Contains 4-in-1 Botanical extracts (Aloe Vera, Chamomile, Vitamin E and Olive Extract) which helps to moisturize and rejuvenate baby’s skin. This helps to keep it clean, healthy and comfortable. 
- Comes with a new tape feature – Flexi-Tape which allows for multiple refastening and is talc-resistant. 
- Contains Zip Dry Core TM which has absorbent particles to help absorb and lock urine within the diaper. This keeps baby’s skin even drier and more comfortable. 

I was introduced to Drypers Wee Wee DRY Diapers for Baby Kyne and I can't tell you how grateful I am when i realised it really helps to minimise the changing for the baby! Before, when i was on another more expensive brand, I was changing about 8 to 12 diapers a day including pee leakages! Now, i am only changing 6 to 8 diapers a day for Baby Kyne!

If he doesn't poo, the diaper can last up to 12 hours and he can sleep through the night and is still comfortable in it! I can't tell you how grateful I am that Baby is able to sleep through to up to 6 hours+ at night, without feeding or changing! Occasionally, i still have to wake to feed him 3 to 4 hourly in the night during his growth spurts, but i can just ponk back to the bed to sleep immediately without having to change his diapers. Trust me, a mum with enough rest is really a more functional mum!

Another thing i love about the new Drypers Wee Wee DRY - The new face lift! Colors are definitely brighter to my liking!


Another part of the designs that i really love is the gathers! Drypers has some gathers at the back of the diaper too! Trust me, these gathers are very important to help contain the wastes and minimise leakages. Not that Kyne doesn't leaked, he is a POO terrorist giving massive POO attacks daily. But it has helped minimise the extend of leakages, if any. You know how much work there is when a baby leaked poo right? The cleaning of the soiled baby, bedsheets, washing of his clothes immediately etc. I hated it when bulk of my days were spent on doing theses instead of real bonding with the baby!


I am so glad that Drypers changed their fasteners from the sticky tape type to the velco-look-alike type. After smearing moisturiser and diaper ointment on the baby, the last thing we want is the sticky tape gets in touch with our oily hands and become not sticky anymore! No more need to wash the moisturised hands from applying lotion on baby before putting on the diaper anymore! And no more need to scramble to get another new diaper because the one that was intended to use cannot stick anymore!





By cutting down on unnecessary or repetitve activites, I am now able to look for more time in between my daily chores, to prioritize and spend short quality time with both my children, separately and with my wholeheartedly. :D

It could be spending a slightly longer time while bathing them separately, cos that's when we also sing, play water, learn alphabets and have fun. With Kyle, it could be a quick 5 minutes handwriting practise, 10 minutes of joining him to watch a cartoon together or 5 minutes of watering the plants together. With Baby Kyne, i stole many separate 5 minutes throughout the day to coo and laugh with him. I try to have as many of these 5 minutes activities with my children in a day and i hope none of them are neglected by me. 

Of course! How can i forget myself? My ME times are usually spent on my smart phone! In fact many of my blog posts are drafted and edited over many days via the phone! I had felt myself struggling but i am also making alot of improvements in time management! I am still doing well adjusting to be a mum of two. I hope my children will grow up knowing this is my way of loving them. 

With less time spent on changing diapers, there will be “more time for things that matter”!



Want a sample to try Drypers out? You can request one for free on their Facebook Page under “Request for Sample”.
Dryers is having their Little Day Out again this year! It’s happening this coming Sat, 6th July 2013 at Singapore Expo Hall 4B. It’s a great family bonding event with rides, bouncy castles, speech and drama performance, baking/art & craft workshops and lots more!
Entry is FREE! Do check out Drypers Singapore Facebook Page for updates and more details. .

Disclaimer: We received products for user experience review purpose. No other monetary compensation has been received.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...